Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sydney's 3rd Birthday Party

We gave Sydney her first friend party. It was so much fun. I was stressed leading up to it, but now I realize that was ridiculous. Everyone had fun and all went well. I was so stressed because Sydney wanted a wiggles party and you can't buy those decorations in the store. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband that made them!When I was growing up, a very close family made birthday posters. I decided this year to that tradition. I cheated and printed pictures off the internet, but she loved it! This si Sydney waking up to everything. She wouldn't go to bed last night. I joked to a friend I would be up till 1:30 and ended up being up till 1am. It was all worth it!
Sydney is "helping" frost her cake!
Sydney with her dad who dressed up as the yellow wiggle...She loved that!
Instead of doing balloons for decorations, I blew a few up and let the kids have a go at some.
I found this kitchen set on the internet for $20. It came with a box full of dishes and fake food. When we uncovered this, Sydney was like, uh huh and walked away, but it didn't take long before her and her friends were happily playing.
I made a cake for later that night. I thought it would be fun for the kids to frost and decorate their own cupcakes. They loved it.

Kimberly in "The Big Red Car"
I ended the party with a treasure hunt for their goody bags. It was so simple and so fun. I started with a map and then each place had a picture of the place of the next treasure. I ended with the refrigerator full of drinks, necklaces and rings.


Jason's parents and sister stopped by with a gift after her party. She asked for a pillow pet and got it. She had to sleep with it that night. She actually took her pillow off her bed and told me she didn't need that one anymore because she had her ladybug.
I was super nervous making her cake this year, but it turned out way better than I thought.

No comments: