Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sydney Update

Sydney is still sick. We took her to the Dr. today. Since she hasn't been able to keep anything down, they felt her stomach and everything seemed okay. But just to make sure, they sent us over to Central Utah Clinic for an ultrasound to make sure there was no mass or obstruction in her stomach. That made me really nervous. As a mother, so many horrible things go through your head. Jason wasn't worried at all. Everything checked out. They diagnosed her with Rotavirus. She was vaccinated, but that only helps with the vomitting and severe diarrhea. We are that 2% it didn't help. They sent us home with a prescription of supposatories to help her keep things down. Yah!? I don't remember signing up for that when I became a mom! I was really nervous of giving her that. But with Jason's help, it wasn't too bad. They are really concerned of her being dehydrated. W go back tomorrow to frop a urine sample off. Hopefully! She hasn't peed in 2 days! Well, she did peee this morning, but it was brown. So they think she has a UTI. So she has a lovely cathader thing on. I dread having to take that off. I'll keep everyone updated! I think she'll be okay. Jason and his buddy gave her a blessing earlier and I felt good about that. Well, I'm exhausted guys! Good night!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Lara! I wish I could give you a hug. Its so hard when the babies are sick/afflicted! Give her lots of loves.

Kimberly said...

Wow, that doesn't sound fun at all! I am so sorry Lara! She's in my prayers. Get some sleep!

twiddyfam said...

These are the things our mothers conveniently left out when they told us about the joys of motherhood. I hope she feels better soon, so you all can enjoy the season.

Elizabeth said...

I hope she feels better soon! That sounds like no fun.