Thursday, June 16, 2011

Utah Hogle Zoo

I took the girls to the zoo on Monday. My friend Debbie came along and was a great help. We had perfect weather. It was overcast the first two hours, then a bit sunny the last 1 1/2. Monday was a perfect day to go. There weren't a lot of people there. It started to fill up after lunch, but we were gone by 1:45.A portion of the zoo was under construction. So they had this neat play area for the kids. Sydney loved it. She didn't want to leave it. She said she was "doing lots of hard work". I love that girl!
Kimberly was mostly in the stroller, but enjoyed the times when I let her walk around.

It was so fun to watch the elephant get her food out of the net. It was also fun seeing all the baby animal. This elephant was 18 months old already.
This elephant statue is huge! Sydney tried to coax Kimberly to walk under it, but she wouldn't because it makes an elephant sound. It also spits water out of its trunk.
I guess I'm as big as an male adult gorilla... Time to lose some weight!!!
I can't help but notice how endowed this gorilla is. I didn't notice till I downloaded the pictures.

Yeeee Haaaa!
They had a special dinasaur exhibits around the zoo. Some of them spit water out of their mouth. Sydney liked it the first time, then almost cried every time we walked b it. Silly!
Where's my little girl! Sydney has grown up so much this past year.
Gotta love the highly chlorinated moving ball! Kimberly loved it! I remember Sydney being terrified of it when we took her to the zoo a few years ago and she was older than Kimberly is now.
This was at the discovery zone playground. I told Sydney that it was a spider and she said, "No mom, it's a chair". Of course! Silly me!
Kimberly loved playing in the tortoise shell.
The Lord has away of humbling us and literally stopping us in our tracks. Before we left, I had some struggles with Sydney and spanked her a few times. When I was on my way out to the car, I kissed the concrete. I honestly think I tripped over my own feet. As I rolled onto the grass in a ball, I had a little conversation with the Lord and resolved to be a better parent and more patient with Sydney. Late that night, two sisters from my ward called and gave me some good advice and brought me up. The Lord really knows me and looks out for me. It amazes me everyday!

1 comment:

hapi said...

Hi Parkin Family, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!