Thursday, November 13, 2008

Apples

I am slowly becoming more domestic. I bought a box of apples last week and canned apple pie filling and applesauce. It was actually pretty easy, just time consuming. Thank goodness for the apple peeler, slicer, corer. That was the best $23 I've spent in a long time. My neighbor has been letting me borrow her canning stuff. I hope to buy my own when it is stocked back onthe shelves. Next year I'm going to attempt to do peaches I hope...

I ended up with 14 Qts. of Filling and 11 1/2 pints of applesauce. I had put away the filling.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks yummy, you domestic goddess you! ;) I don't think I ever imagined you CANNING!

Aimee said...

I've only ever made applesauce one time and it was with my grandma coaching me the whole way. Congrats!