Thursday, July 29, 2010

Surprise Visit

My mom called us yesterday and said she was in Casper, Wyoming. They were on their way here. They got her about 1:30am. They only got to stay one day, but we enjoyed having them. I'm glad that she finally got to meet Kimberly! When I told Sydney that Grandma was coming, she got so excited. I pointed to the picture of my mom and Sydney said that she didn't want to see that Grandma. She pointed to the other family picture to Jason's mom. It was cute! She warmed up to her within minutes if seeing her. She hasn't seen my mom since she was 8 months old. She talks on the the phone to her constantly.
Sharky and Sydney
My mom writing Sydney's name for her in her coloring book.
My good friend Sharon let us pick lots of apricots from her tree. So my mom and I made apricot freezer jam. It's these simple things I miss doing with my mom. I wish we didn't live almost 900 miles apart!
Grandma and the girls...
3 Generations...
Grandma and the girls again...
I was glad that the picnic table came that day she was here. We payed for half of it with money my mom has sent her the last little while.
Sydney was in a trance when my mom and Sydney were taking the picnic table out of the box.
My mom was moving Kimberly's legs so roughly and she was just busting up!
Sharky and mom
So sad! I cried when they left. I'm such an emotional girl!

No comments: