Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sydney's 2nd Birthday Party

Sydneybear turned two yesterday. We had her party this afternoon. It was a blast! I made her cake. I've been making cakes since I was 12 or something. It said you could crisco and flour the pan or spray with cooking spray. Do Not use the spray!!!! My cakes fell apart when I dumped them out, So we went to the store yesterday and bought two more boxes.
She got so spoiled! After the first gift, she was done unwrapping. Her great grandma Bateman got her a baby doll and that's all she wanted. I love how much they secure the toys in boxes now. Her babies were a pain to get out. Grandpa made her a stepstool. It's awesome. She thought it was a table. She played with her blocks on it later, which was perfect. There are a lot of pics, so bear with me. As a mom, it's so hard to choose...
I got Sydney some of those sugar hearts so she could help decorate.
All done Mama!
It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

She's been blowing out my candles throughout the house the last few weeks...practicing!
Such a big helper!

I bought some punching balloons. They were the hit of the party!

She loves her trike!
The step stool was my favorite gift! There are two knots in the middle that say 09. How cool is that!? Thanks grandpa!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fun day, Happy Birthday Sydney! Cute cake, she's getting so big!