Monday, April 27, 2009

18 Months Old


Sydney turned 18 months old last week. We went for her check up today...
Weight- 21 3/4 lbs. (30%tile)
Height- 32 1/2 in. (75%)
Head Circ.- 19 1/4 in. (100%tile)
I took her to nursery for the first time Sunday. She LOVED it! The teacher was amazed it was her first time. Twice she didn't want to share, but that only lasted a few seconds. I'm glad she did so good. I was doing sharing time. I'm glad I waited and didn't take her in early. She was ready now. It will be good for her to have the interaction with the other kids and to learn to share. That is hard to teach her without a sibling. All the big kids always give in to her. Our little princess is quite the talker. She repeats nearly everything I say. I have to be careful. Today I said "Gosh" and she repeated it. Her favorite thing to say, besides "no" of course, is "Don't go". It's so cute! She can count to three. She can say a few of the colors, but isn't able to distinguish them yet. I work with her everyday on them. She loves to play outside and the watch other kids play across the street. She loves Sprout TV! I try not to let her watch it too much. She loves the commercials, Good Night Show, Sharing Show...more than the cartoons on it. I like the PBS shows the best. Her favorite toys seem to be any ball she can get her hands on. She always says throw right before she throws it. She's getting quite the arm. She's thrown it all the way up to the changing table already. Sydney is definitely my sun behind the clouds. She keeps me in check always. We are blessed to have such a great daughter!

No comments: