Friday, August 13, 2010

Kimberly is 4 months old!

I can't believe that tour little Kimberly is 4 moths old! I know I say this a lot with my kids, but "Where has the time gone?". Life just rolls by too fast! I took her to the doctor Monday for immunizations and well baby check. She's 13lbs. 9oz. (50%)
24 1/2" Long (60%)
Head- 16 3/4" (90%)
She did awesome for her shots. I had to wake her up as we were walking in the room. She didn't cry at all on the first one, did good with the oral for Rotavirus and only cried for 10-15 seconds on the combo. As she stopped crying, she smiled big for the nurse. About 4 hours after her shots, I gave her a little acetaminophen. I gave her one more dose the next day. She never fevered at all. I was so glad. She's a tough girl! I guess she has to be with Sydney mauling her so much! Her check went good. She favors her right side when she sleeps so her head has a little flat spot in back. I bout a sleep positioner to correct it. I use that for naps and the first stretch of sleep at night. I need to figure out how to position her with it comfortably in the swing now. She sleeps in there a lot. She still doesn't like her bed for naps, but I;m starting to get her in there one nap a day. It's a start! Kimberly is a happy baby. She has been teething, but no tooth yet. the last week or so she's been holding on and tugging when she nurses. So I'm glad that her tooth hasn't come up yet! She is trying to sit up and balance now. When the nurse weighed her, she tried to pull her body to a sitting position. The boppy pillow has been great to teach her to sit. She loves being outside, even sitting or laying in the grass. It took Sydney a while to get use to grass when she was small. She loves to smile and laugh. Her laugh is so sweet, just kinda quiet! She normally wakes up 2-3 times a night, which isn't bad. Kimberly's favorite toy is a red ring that has a plush hippo ahead and two separated feet on it. Best 99 cents I ever spent at IKEA! She loves, loves her exersaucer! She has a much milder personality than Sydney, which is a nice balance. She still won't take a bottle. I go through all that pumping and she refuses! I left her for 2 1/2 hours the other night. When I went to pick her up, I could hear her screaming. She was hungry, but wouldn't drink her bottle. Little stinker! I guess going to the temple still isn't in my future!

No comments: