Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Zucchini Muffins



I've been blessed with an abundance of zucchini from good friends. I made muffins the other day. They were so good! I have to share the recipe...

  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot

Preparation:

Grease and flour 12 muffin cups. Heat oven to 375°.

In a mixing bowl, beat the oil with eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.

Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini and carrots.

Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or granulated sugar, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Thank you for posting your recipe... I just made Banana Bread... LOVE IT. I also got a huge zuchini that I need to make bread out of it too.