Friday, January 23, 2009

Turkey Sloppy Joes

I've been slacking lately at blogging. Actually I've been too busy. But we haven't been up to much, especially since the air has been the dirtiest in the nation. We've started to lovely 1:00 church schedule, so I will be doing a lot of crockpotting. Last Sunday I made turkey sloppy joes. They were so good, I thought I'd share...

1 lb. ground turkey breast

1 sm. onopn chopped

1/2 c chopped celery

1/4 c chopped green pepper

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted

1/2 c ketchup

1 T Brown Sugar

2 T Mustard

1/4 t pepper

8 hamburger buns, split

In a lg. saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and gr. peppers over med. heat till meat is no longer pink; drain of necessary. Stir in soup, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and pepper. Transfer to slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns.


Sydney in her $4 outfit I found at Old Navy on clearance...

1 comment:

Mari said...

Love the outfit and I am definately going to try your recipe. I am trying to expand my realm of cooking.