Saturday, May 3, 2008

First Goose Egg

Syney got her first goose egg last night. I set her down on the floor and turned around for a few seconds to check on the bibs I was washing in the sink and BOOM! She was sitting and leaned forward to go on her stomach like she always does when she wants something and her head met the corner of the wall. It was completely my fault. I put her way too close to that wall. She screamed and cried so loud that it woke daddy up. He was so good with her! He was soothing her and putting ice on her head, which she absolutely hated! I just kept crying and calling myself a bad mom. I know, accidents happen. It just feels horrible when your child is hurt.


This is her this morning. The swelling has gone down tons. Know she has the lovely line of the wall on her forehead!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

She looks happy! :) It's amazing how resilient babies are how how little these things really affect them. I agree with you though...it is definitely disheartening!

twiddyfam said...

What a sweet little girl. I know it's hard to watch them get hurt, especially when their so little. However, you don't have me convienced that your a bad mom. You rock!

germanjules said...

laura-so cute even with a goose egg! you look so happy to be her mom!
(longtime since talking with you--I'm going to put a link to your site on mine Julie-http://www.plummerfamily.com/julie/Blog/

Anonymous said...

That is a huge bump!! OUCH!!

Patrick Parkin